Friday 9 August 2013

Parmigiana arricchita

So last night I cooked up the dish parmigiana arricchita that I mentioned in my last post and it actually turned out well! Although there was a funny moment: pouring passata all over my white slippers! I have to confess, i have an injured neck at the moment and Fabio actually did most of the preparing, I just layered the ingredients in the dish - so the credit goes to him. 

See last post for ingredients. 
Method - 
1. Grill the salted aubergines. 

2. Mix 2 eggs with 4 spoons ( dessert spoon) of passata and some fresh basil. Grate your grana. Slice your mozzarella. 

 3. start layering your ingredients with: the rest of your passata, aubergines, grana, egg mix and mozzarella. Continue until all your ingredients are used and finish with a sprinkling of grana. 


The end result! 
A surprisingly delicious meal- especially  if you are having vegetarian guests. The tomato was creamy with the egg and the grana was crispy on top! Yum. 

Let me know what you think, if you try it! 

Next up - Gnocco Fritto from Emilia region (if I can find the ingredient 'strutto' and if I can decipher the recipe - lots of squiggly italian writing). 

Ci sentiamo! 


2 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic Jess!! Fancy popping up to Cumbria and making me some ;)? Btw, how did you hurt your neck?! Hope you feel better soon! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rach!! Thank you! :) I so wish I could, just so I could see you.. :( I think Laura is thinking of us skyping with you on Monday, so I'm happy about that! :) It's so silly.. I woke up and I couldn't move.. very weird and annoying! But thank you, I hope it goes away over weekend so i can go back to work! Hope you're packing is going well :p Did you eat those goodies I bought you already? xxxx

    ReplyDelete